November 20 - Dedication services were held for the East Lansing Baptist Church house of worship. The building was completed at a cost of $2,000. Sermons were preached by Elders Benjamin, Andrews, and Comstock.
The West Groton congregation voted to build a house of worship. Six trustees were chosen and $50 was given to purchase the land. Deacon Gale and his son William built the church "in good time." The first service was held on May 3, 1833 and four persons received into membership in the service. There was no paint inside or outside the church for many years.